About the role
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the collection and organization of documents and information from various cases at the firm. This candidate should feel comfortable relaying messages between various groups and keeping all documents important to the cases they are working on organized.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic paralegal to start their career at a leader in the tech sphere. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for an entry-level or junior legal role in a dynamic industry.
Your role will provide opportunities to:
- Support corporate governance processes including general record keeping, preparation of board and committee meeting agendas, resolutions, consents, minutes, reviewing and advising company presentations or collateral and other materials;
- Assist with strategic transactions, including providing due diligence support, data room management, and preparing and organising documents;
- Assist in the renewal of business licences;
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters;
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, government regulators, partners, and other stakeholders;
- Prepare and file trademark registrations;
- Review and prepare legal agreements;
- Perform legal research and prepare letters on various legal matters and projects;
- Review documents and marketing materials to ensure intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards, and industry standards;
- Observe and participate in relevant meetings;
- Provide all areas of the company with legal support; and
- Role will also include some administrative responsibilities such as scheduling meetings, maintaining organised folders of all legal documents, and preparing correspondence.
*Please note role may vary, depending on business needs.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Law.
- Candidate must have great attention to detail, be organised, and have excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- You are confident and enthusiastic when presenting information to decision-makers.
- You are extremely organised and have a proven ability to exceed performance goals.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, competitive team environment.
- You are independent and capable of handling ambiguity.
- You will have problem-solving and time management skills.
- You must show a keen interest in areas of tech.
- You can work autonomously with a friendly, motivated, and proactive attitude.
- You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, given the tech industry is rapidly evolving.
- Familiar with the functions of legal organisation, basic legal documents, and concepts.
Previous experience in the following areas is desired:
- Risk management;
- Working with documents and under confidentiality obligations;
- Contract formation, preparation, review, and drafting skills;
- Conducting legal research; and
- Identifies key risk areas in a contract.